The Kaduna State Ministry of Health has confirmed three new cases of Coronavirus infection in the state.
The State’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Amina Mahammed Baloni, who confirmed this in a statement on Wednesday, said among the three new cases, was a 23-year-old male who came into the state from Istanbul via Dubai sometime in March.
She said that the second patient:-
“is a 51-year-old male who was tested in Samaru, Sabon-Gari Local Government Area, after coming in from Kano.’’
Baloni disclosed that the third patient had earlier traveled to Kano, and a 42-year-old male from Unguwan Geza.
“These new cases reflect the danger that inter-state travels pose to efforts to contain COVID-19.
“Such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact-tracing, and risk implanting the virus in communities,” she said.
Baloni, therefore, advised residents to avoid inter-state travels and to promptly report to the authorities any person who recently traveled from an affected state and develops symptoms of cough, fever, or sore throat.
She urged residents to report symptoms to the COVID-19 Call Centre in Kaduna State, on the following numbers: 08051217710, 09058008251, 08118588175, 08118588176, and 09032102632.’’
Source: News update