RIP!!! Ekiti State Government Announce Death Of Third Case

Read Time:2 Minute, 36 Second
RIP!!! Ekiti State Government Announce Death Of Third Case
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD JETHITMUSIK MOBILE APP
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

The 29-year-old woman, who was the third index case of COVID 19 in Ekiti State, has died.

The woman died at the Intensive Care Unit of Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti, on Wednesday.

The woman, who was a health worker in Lagos sneaked into Ekiti last week before she fell into prolonged labour leading to the discovery that she had contracted coronavirus.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, who confirmed this in Ado Ekiti, at a press conference, said the woman died around 6.58am Wednesday morning

Yaya-Kolade regretted that the late COVID 19 patient infected a 45 -year old medical doctor, who had now been identified as the fourth index case by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

“The woman showed signs of stability on Monday, but unfortunately, her condition deteriorated yesterday and we lost her exactly 6.58am today(Wednesday).”

On whether her body will be released to the family, Yaya-Kolade said the state will take precautions and comply with the World Health Organisation’s safety rules on the burial.

“We are going to liaise with the family on her burial. We are going to consider safety despite the assumption that the virus is not active in corpses, because we don’t know much about the virus.

“But whatever we are going to do won’t be against the interest of the family. But let me assure you that the state will also be on the side of safety”,

She stated.

MUST READ:  “Why Date Someone You Don’t See A Future With?” – Johnny Drille Asks

She said FETHI , where the patient died, had been sanitized and cleaned up since the woman was hospitalized, urging the patients and members of the public not to stigmatize the hospital or be afraid of patronizing it.

The Commissioner assured that the state will proceed with its surveillance and engage the people on sensitization, to ward off COVID 19 in Ekiti.

MUST READ:  I Infected Four Persons With COVID-19 – Governor Nasir El-Rufai Reveals

She added that all the 78 persons who had contacts with the deceased and the medical doctor, had been traced and placed in isolation.

The Special Adviser, Office of Transformation and Delivery, Prof Bolaji Aluko, said all the youths and traditional rulers across Ekiti, had been co-opted into the border closure policy, for efficiency and strict adherence to the rules.

“We have also begun the prosecution of violators of these closures. Fines and community service were being imposed as sanctions.

“The prosecution has been very strict. Those prosecuted and found guilty paid fines less than N10,000 while some were to serve community service”.

Aluko added that the state had received 1800 bags of rice from the federal government, as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari, being part of the palliatives distributed to cushion the effect of lockdown on the populace.

“Various community organistions and groups are helping in distributing them to our people.

“We are also operating the keep your neighbours program. It has been kicked off. This is where identifiable vulnerable people are contacted and get food packs for survival directly in their homes”

The post RIP!!! Ekiti State Government Announce Death Of Third Case appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria’s Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

MUST READ:  MATCH REVEIW!! Who Should Be Praised For The Chelsea’s 2-1 Win Against Manchester City?


Source: News update

Facebook Comments
0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %