A two-year-old boy, Yahaya Salihu, has been electrocuted at Bokkwato quarters in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa State.
DAILY POST gathered that the incident happened on Sunday at about 12:45 pm after a heavy downpour, which resulted to the fall of electric poles.
Father of the deceased, Malam Yahaya, revealed that at about 1245hrs, his son mistakenly stepped on a naked electric cable wires, which fell down as a result of heavy downpour.
He accused the KEDCO officials over their attitudes in delaying towards the repair of the cable after several reports made by the residents of the area.
Yahaya said the cables were parked in front of his house by KEDCO officials.
Police spokesman, SP Abdu Jinjiri, confirmed the incident to DAILY POST.
He said police visited the scene after the incident and rushed the victim to hospital where he was confirmed dead by a medical doctor.
Jinjiri said the KEDCO officials who carried out the exercise were invited and the case is still under investigation.
The post OMG!! 2-Year-Old-Boy Electrocuted In Jigawa appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria’s Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.
Source: News update