JUST IN!! President Buhari Sacks NECO Registrar, 4 Others

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD JETHITMUSIK MOBILE APP
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Uwakwe and four other NECO officials were reported to have awarded contracts to the tune of N25 billion without following the due process.

President Muhammadu Buhari has dismissed Prof Charles Uwakwe as the Registrar of the National Examinations Council.

Uwakwe had been suspended by the Federal Government since May 2018, over alleged financial mismanagement and abuse of office.

According to The Punch, the president also sacked four officials of the exam body for various offences bordering on financial impropriety.

MUST READ:  Adekunle Gold Vs Banky W – Who Would You Rather Go To For Relationship/Marriage Advice?

Uwakwe and the four officials were reported to have awarded contracts to the tune of N25billion without following the due process.

In a statement on Wednesday, May 20, NECO confirmed the sack of Uwakwe and the four officials of the council.

A letter, dated May 11, and signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono, stated that Uwakwe was accused of violating the Public Procurement Act (2007) and pursuant to PSR 030402 and Part 1 schedule 4 (i) of NECO Establishment Act.

MUST READ:  Identity Of First Nigerian To Die Of Coronavirus Revealed (SEE HERE)

Echono said,

“After due consideration of the investigative panel on the allegation of unsatisfactory conduct levelled against you and some management staff of the council, Mr President in the exercise of his powers, has approved your removal as the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of National Examinations Council with effect from the date of your suspension from duty.”

The former registrar was also asked to hand over all the government property in his custody to Mr Abubakar Gana, the acting Registrar.

MUST READ:  SAY THE TRUTH!! What Is The 2nd Club You Secretly Love Besides Your Main Club??

The post JUST IN!! President Buhari Sacks NECO Registrar, 4 Others appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria’s Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.


Source: News update

jethitmusik

Next Post

Coronavirus: Muslims Above 60 Years Asked Not To Attend Eid-el-fitr Prayers

Thu May 21 , 2020
Post Views: 243 41 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ CLICK TO DOWNLOAD JETHITMUSIK MOBILE APP ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ The Borno State COVID-19 Committee and Islamic Clerics, on Wednesday, agreed to hold the Eid-el-Fitr prayers. Alhaji Umar Kadafur, the state Deputy Governor in a statement said that the decision was taken after a stakeholders meeting involving the […]
Copyright All right reserved Theme: Default Mag by ThemeInWP