Rivers State Government has condemned the attack on the Abuja residence of Justice Mary Odili who delivered the judgement nullifying the election of David Lyon as Governor-elect of Bayelsa state and instating PDP’s Duoye Diri as the governor-elect.
Some aggrieved persons said to be APC members, stormed Justice Odili’s home on Tuesday February 18th, carrying placards, demanding her resignation from the Supreme court. APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole, has also publicly rejected the apex court’s ruling.
A statement released by Rivers Commissioner of Information, Paulinus Nsirim, the Rivers state government said it will hold APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole, Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva and others responsible if anything happens to Justice Mary Odili, her husband, Peter Odili who is a former governor of the state.
“That the Rivers State Government will hold Timipre Sylva and Adams Oshiomhole responsible if anything happens to Dr Peter Odili and members of his family” .
Read the full statement below;
Full Text The Rivers State Govt.
RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS ATTACKS ON DR PETER ODILI AND HIS FAMILY
The Rivers State Executive Council at its meeting held on Wednesday 19th February, 2020 at the Government House, Port Harcourt reviewed the recent attacks on the residence of the Former Governor of Rivers State, Dr Peter Odili as a result of the Supreme Court judgment that nullified the election of David Lyon as Governor of Bayelsa State and resolved as follows:
1. That the Rivers State Executive Council observed that the Federal Government seems not to show interest in the sponsored threats to the lives of Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
2. That the Rivers State Executive Council condemns the barricading of the residence of Dr Peter Odili at Maitama, Abuja by sponsored thugs of the All Progressives Congress (APC) .
3. That the Rivers State Executive Council wondered why Dr Peter Odili’s family should be singled out for the unwarranted attack, when the judgment that ousted David Lyon as Governor of Bayelsa State was a unanimous decision of a five-member panel of Supreme Court Justices.
4.That the Rivers State Executive Council warns the Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva and the National Chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole and their hired agents to desist from the sponsorship of violent attacks against Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
5. That the Rivers State Government will hold Timipre Sylva and Adams Oshiomhole responsible if anything happens to Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
6. That the Rivers State Executive Council noted that in the past Rivers State suffered unfavourable Judicial Pronouncements and never resorted to self help as being promoted by APC Leaders in the case of Bayelsa State.
7.That the Rivers State Government will employ all legal means to protect Dr Peter Odili and members of his family.
8. That the Rivers State Government will protect Rivers State Indigenes who are serving Federal and State Judicial officers .
9. That the Rivers State Government warns that should this harassment and intimidation continue, it will have no alternative than to retaliate.
10. That the Rivers State Government will defend the lives and property of Rivers people at all times.
11. Enough is enough.
Information and Communication ,
19th February, 2020.
The post “If Anything Happens To Justice Mary Odili, Adams Oshiomhole And Timipre Sylva Would Be Held Responsible ” – Rivers Govt Blows Hot appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.
Source: News update