The disease has had an impact on sporting events across the world with United’s Europa League last-16 first leg at LASK among those affected.
The Austrian government has limited those who can attend Thursday’s game to 500 people.
“It’s up to the experts to decide,” Solskjaer said.
“I would understand yes, under the circumstances [if the season was to be cut short].
“The main concern must be the health of the general public and the decision that will be made we’ll back.”
A number of European club competition fixtures will be played behind closed doors this week, while the Europa League fixtures between Sevilla and Roma, and Inter Milan and Getafe, have been postponed.
“Of course, these are difficult circumstances – not just for football, but in the whole society,” Solskjaer added.
“For us, we just have to do what we’re told and get on with the game if the authorities think that’s what we should do. We are going to have to create our own atmosphere within the team, within the game.
“They are used to training with no spectators anyway and we do have some behind-closed-doors friendlies at times.
“I am in no doubt that my players are focused and ready to perform, even if there are no spectators there.”
United released a statement on Wednesday saying that once they return to Old Trafford “all home matches are currently scheduled to go ahead as planned”.
Solskjaer also added that none of his players had been tested for coronavirus and he was unaware of any plans to play the second leg against LASK behind closed doors in Manchester.
Source: News update