The Commissioner of Health for Kaduna State, Dr Amina Mohammed-Baloni, said one more patient has recovered out of the six COVID-19 cases that were earlier recorded in the state.
The commissioner in a statement on Wednesday said the latest discharge brought to five the number of patients discharged since 14 April, 2020.
She also confirmed three new cases of COVID-19 in the state, bringing the total number of coronavirus patients in the state to four.
The Commissioner said among the three new cases is a 23-year-old male “who came into the state from Istanbul via Dubai sometime in March”.
According to her, the second patient is a 51-year-old male who was tested in Samaru, Sabon-Gari Local Government Area, after coming in from Kano.
Baloni further said that the third patient had earlier travelled to Kano and he “is a 42-year-old male from Unguwan -Geza, Kaduna.
“These new cases reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to efforts to contain COVID-19,” she said, warning that “such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact tracing and risk implanting the virus in communities.”
She argued that “the lockdown which mandates people to stay at home is based on the logic that during a pandemic, the less contact there is with others, the safer everyone is.”
The commissioner warned residents “to avoid interstate travels and to promptly report to the authorities any person who has recently travelled from an affected state and develops symptoms of cough, fever, or sore throat.”
Source: News update